When should I call Winter Moving & Storage?

If you need to move today, we can probably do that. If you require a written in-home estimate, you should call about 7 days to 2 weeks before your move. We generally ask you to give us as much notice as you can, however.

How long does Winter Moving & Storage need for an in-home estimate?

Usually no more than an hour.

What are my responsibilities?

In brief …
Be present during the packing of your belongings.
Take personal responsibility for jewelry and other high value items.
Check and sign the inventory of your belongings.
Ensure that no prohibited items are packed.

So what can or can’t I take with me?

Generally speaking, dispose of all flammable items, liquids, foods and other items that should not be shipped. Anything that can deteriorate should not be shipped. If you have a question about something, just call and ask.

Anything that is definitely a no-go area?

Well, mainly those things you might expect – drugs, alcohol, weapons, ammunition. Shipping certain high value items or collections may require you to purchase extra coverage.

What about my car?

Most of the time, we can take your car(s), truck or SUV with the rest of your belongings in the trailer or container. If this is not possible, we can arrange for an alternate method. We do not transport cars as part of a regular local move.

Suppose I pack myself?

Why not? But be aware of the potential problems. For instance, valuation coverage will not pay out on goods packed by their owner, unless the exterior of the box is damaged.

How long will Winter Moving & Storage take to pack my goods?

Every home is different, but we can normally pack a home in 1-2 days.

Can I leave my clothes in their drawers?

Yes, you can. Just be sure not to leave anything solid that can damage the piece.

How am I covered in case of damage?

Your things are covered by valuation. On local and interstate shipments you receive valuation coverage of 60 cents per pound, per article at no cost. You may elect to purchase more valuation coverage by declaring a depreciated or full replacement value of your goods. You are charged a premium on the declared amount. The premiums vary with your type of move.